This bread is a winner!
Grain-free and gluten-free, yet delicious? Check.
Just six simple ingredients? Yes!
Quick and easy to make? You got it!
Crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside? But of course!
It’s made using only six, easy-to-find ingredients: eggs, almond butter, honey, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
This is what the prep looks like:
- Grease a loaf pan with butter, coconut or olive oil and line with parchment paper.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor (or mix by hand in a large bowl) and pour into the loaf pan.
- Evenly smooth out the batter in the loaf pan and place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and with a knife, make a lengthwise 1-inch incision in the top. This helps getting a nice hump across the top of the bread.
The bread is also pretty filling and will last for days in the fridge.
You can toast it, too. Here’s my version of serving it – with ricotta cheese, sliced fresh strawberries and drizzled with honey.
The batter is endlessly versatile and you’re welcome to play with flavors and textures. Here’s what I used in the past:
- dried ginger (grated fresh ginger could be amazing too)
- cocoa powder
- cacao nibs
- poppy seeds
- lemon zest
- chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts
Try other nut butters, like peanut and cashew.
Another paleo recipe you might like:
Do you bake bread? What kind?
Tell me in the comments.Print
Paleo, grain-free and gluten-free bread prepped in just one bowl from only six ingredients.
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or vegetable oil and line with parchment paper. Make sure to cut the paper wider than the loaf pan so you have some extra hanging out; this will help when it comes time to lift the bread out.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, and mix in the almond butter and the honey. Sift in the coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended. You can also dump all ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven, and with a knife, make a lengthwise 1-inch incision in the top (It helps getting a nice hump across the top).
- Return to the oven and continue baking until a knife or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.