Cheap and nutritious, this vegan chili is made with sprouted lentils, chopped vegetables and a mildly spicy dressing
- 2 cups sprouted lentils
- ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion, peeled
- ½ cup finely diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salad greens for serving (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill for minimum one hour.
- Serve over salad greens if you like or eat on its own.
- Store the chili in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.