Versatile dish made with grated zucchini, eggs, feta cheese and fresh parsley. Eat it with a salad or as a snack on its own.
- 1 cup peeled, finely grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Butter or vegetable oil to grease baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8-inch square cake pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, and stir until incorporated and no flour is visible.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake in the oven until the surface is golden brown and a knife or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean—about 40 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or cold.
- If you’re not into feta, use other types of cheeses: gruyère, pecorino romano, blue cheese or sharp cheddar
- Instead of parsley, try chopped basil, oregano or dill
- Throw in a 1/4 cup capers to give it some acidity