Stay Frosty! Vegan Strawberry Cashew Popsicles With Chocolate Shell
Vegan Strawberry Cashew Popsicles With Chocolate Shell
I think I will be making these addictive, healthy-ish popsicles all summer. The recipe couldn’t be faster or easier: Cashews, strawberries and maple syrup get whizzed in a blender, poured into popsicle molds and frozen. Thanks to the cashews, they are dairy-free but still have that delicious, creamy texture of regular ice cream. This method works with other fruit, so feel free to experiment with what’s currently in season. Dipping the pops in chocolate is optional but highly recommended—it adds an additional luxe layer of goodness.
Note: I made this recipe in 6 x ½-cup stainless steel, paddle-style popsicle molds from Onyx.
- Makes 6 popsicles
- 1¼ cup cashews
- 1 cup maple or agave syrup
- 2½ cups chopped strawberries
- Chocolate Shell
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted, cooled
- ¼ cup maple or agave syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend the cashews, maple syrup and strawberries in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks, and freeze for 4 hours or until set.
- To make the chocolate shell, blend the coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a tall cup or glass.
- Remove the popsicles from the molds by immersing each mold in a cup with warm water for 10 seconds. Immediately dip the popsicle two or three times in the chocolate mixture, and place on a plate. Working quickly, repeat with the rest of the popsicles and transfer to the freezer to refreeze.
you may also like
Pretty In Pink: Uncooked Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Jun 5, 2015 | Recipes