Make this refreshing vegan soup in less than 15 minutes. Just chop, blend and serve.
Somewhere between gazpacho and a green shake, it’s jade green in color and loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
I love the vibrant, fresh taste, but also appreciate the health benefits. Yes, you might get a mild garlic-onion breath, but your body is getting natural antibiotics.
Plus, parsley contains an enormous amount of chromium.
Chromium is important for the cardiovascular system and cholesterol management. It helps us cope with sugars, manage weight, and maximize fitness potential.
Another raw recipe that’s delicious and packed with nutritional goodies is this salad:
What do you put in your green smoothie, shake, smoothie?
Tell me in the comments.Print
Somewhere between gazpacho and a green shake, it’s made with raw ingredients and loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped, peeled shallot
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley,
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2–3 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a blender and add 2 cups of water. Blend until smooth.
- Keep adding water by a 1/4 cup to adjust how thick or thin you like it. Taste for salt and add more if you like
- Serve cold. This soup will last for up to five days in the refrigerator.
- Nutritional yeast adds a nice cheesy and creamy taste, but it’s not a raw product as it has to be pasteurized. Skip it if you only eat raw vegan diet.