Easy and quick breakfast quiche, made with just five ingredients.
- ½ cup (70 g) coarsely grated, peeled carrot (about 1 small carrot)
- 1½ cup (220 g) coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill (see note)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a round 9-inch pie plate, or a square 9-inch baking pan, with vegetable oil or butter.
- Place the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel or a strainer, and squeeze it hard over the kitchen sink, to release as much liquid as possible. (This step helps with the quiche consistency).
- Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add the grated vegetables, dill and salt, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until golden brown. The edges will pull away from the dish. The quiche will be puffy when you take it out of the oven, and then deflate after a few minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store covered, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
Try these substitutions:
- Keep the same quantity, but replace the carrot and/or zucchini with grated, peeled kohlrabi, celeriac, parsnips, potatoes or sweet potatoes.
Instead of dill, use one of these herbs:
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite dried herbs
Add ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes to make the quiche a little spicy.