My favorite Czech childhood porridge (called krupicová kaše) made with semolina flour, and topped with cinnamon, cacao and butter, or with fresh blueberries.
- 4 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 10 tablespoons semolina flour
- Pinch salt
- Granulated Sugar
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan, add the semolina and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Cook, stirring continuously to avoid any lumps forming, over medium-low heat until thick, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the cream of semolina onto individual dinner plates. (You can use any type of dish such as bowl, but it’s fun to start with an even, ¼-inch-high circle that you can eat in a spiral motion, working from the edge of the plate towards the middle).
- Top with thin slices of cold butter, sprinkle with cinnamon, cacao and granulated sugar. You can add other toppings such as fresh or compote fruit.