New breakfast classic! Crispy, chocolaty, orange-flavored clusters of caramelized oats and nuts, with dried currants.
- 4½ cups old-fashioned (gluten-free) rolled oats
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange flavor
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cups melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dried currants
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet (15.5 x 11.5 inches) with parchment paper. Adjust the oven rack to the upper-middle position.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats with cocoa, almonds and pistachios.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, maple syrup, orange flavor, salt, cinnamon and coconut oil. Add the mixture to the oats and, using a wooden spoon, combine until completely blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, press the mixture into the baking sheet to create an even, compact layer. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Break up the granola into chunks, and mix in the currants. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.