Gluten-free & paleo cauliflower patties, baked in the oven. Eat them with an arugula salad and tangy yogurt.
- 6 cups 2-inch cauliflower florets (about 1 medium-size cauliflower head, trimmed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour (almond meal)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the cauliflower in the pot until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and cool under cold running water, or in an ice bath. Drain well again, shaking out any excess water.
- Mash the cauliflower in a large bowl with a potato masher until about pea-size (don’t puree), yielding about 2 1/2–3 cups.
- Add the eggs, almond flour, feta cheese, parsley, salt, black pepper and nutmeg, and mix. Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using ½ cup as a measure, scoop out the batter onto the baking sheet, and press down with your hands to create 1-inch high, round patties. Leave about 1 inch space between patties.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until firm and golden brown, about 40–45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months
- Serving suggestions: with spicy paleo mayonnaise; with salsa; with mashed potatoes or millet; on a bed of leafy greens; with steamed vegetables