Almond Butter Bread (Paleo & Gluten Free)
Almond Butter Bread
This bread is a winner! Grain-free and gluten-free, yet delicious? Check. Just six simple ingredients? Yes! Quick and easy to make? You got it! Crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside? But of course!
It’s also pretty filling and will last for days in the fridge. You can toast it, too. And throw in other ingredients to play with the flavor and texture—cinnamon, dried ginger, cocoa, poppy seeds, or lemon zest come to mind. Try other nut butters, like peanut or cashew.
- Yields 1 loaf
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9.25x5.25x2.75" loaf pan with butter or vegetable oil and line with parchment paper. Make sure to cut the paper wider than the loaf pan so you have some extra hanging out; this will help when it comes time to lift the bread out.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, and mix in the almond butter and the honey. Sift in the coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended. You can also dump all ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the oven, and with a knife, make a lengthwise 1-inch incision in the top (It helps getting a nice hump across the top). Return to the oven and continue baking until a knife or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
you may also like
Author/Yoga Teacher Anna Getty & Raw Vegan Nut Milk
Author Cynthia Spivey & Ronnie's Paleo Meatloaf